One-stage implantation is used to reduce the number of invasive procedures: the implant is being placed into the socket of the tooth immediately after the removal of the previous one.
Although such implantation is called “one-time tooth implantation”, it does not mean that the procedure is not preceded by preparation such as computing tomography, bone analysis, examination of general periodontal health, etc.
Patients can not come to dentistry, remove a tooth, and then ask to screw an implant into its place.
They must definitely prepare for the surgery and our dentists at Brickell Dental Care have to make sure you go through the examination and follow all the procedures.
Here is how:
If the patient has no contraindications such as bruxism, blood diseases, problems of the cardiovascular system, etc. then the procedure looks like the following:
- computed tomography of the jaw;
- analysis of the state of the bone;
- examination of general periodontal health;
- preparation for surgery (selection of a suitable implant);
- removal of a native tooth;
- screwing in a non-collapsible or collapsible implant;
- optional – instant loading, prosthesis on the implant.
Dentists determine the absence of contraindications to tooth-preserving operations during the consultation. Please find our contact information here or call us at (407) 989 99-99. On the Brickell Dental Care website, you can see the prices for self-pay patients online.
Questions and answers about one-stage implantation
– Is it possible to do a one-day implant the week after tooth extraction?
No, over time, only one- or two-stage implantation can be done. Even so, it takes more than one week for the gums to heal completely.
– Why do same-day implants place the risk of implant rejection high enough?
This is a less invasive procedure: there is no need to cut the gum and make a hole in the bone under the implant. In addition, the number of visits to the dentist and the total duration of treatment is reduced.
Brickell Dental Care has to ensure all the safety protocols are followed and the customer is happy with the end result. Call us or text us for more details and information at (407) 989 99-99.