Having decided to whiten your teeth, you should first consult with your doctor not only about the risks and method of the procedure, but also about the result. Quite often, the expected whitening effect differs from the actual result. Modern technologies allow the patient to see how the teeth will look at the end of the procedure even before the start of the session and make a decision. In case of a strong change in the shade of the teeth, several whitening sessions are performed, observing certain periods of time.
How often you can use whitening depends on how you perform the procedure:
- Laser teeth whitening involves exposure of the enamel to high temperatures, which “evaporate” the pigment. The effect is achieved after the first session. Due to the active action of the gel and laser, you should not resort to carrying out the procedure more than 1 time in 12 months.
- Ultrasonic whitening. The result in the form of snow-white teeth is achieved by analogy with laser whitening, but in this case, ultrasonic waves perform an active action. The procedure is also not recommended for more than 1 time per year.
- Photo bleaching. The most famous method is Zoom. This is a unique technique for lightening tooth enamel up to 10-12 tones. Despite this result, photobleaching is recognized as the most gentle method. Its gentle effect does not lead to thinning of the enamel, therefore, the procedure can be repeated after 6 months.
- The lowest risk is presented by professional home methods. The action of the drugs is not designed for a strong effect, therefore they do not have an aggressive effect. Teeth whitening at home can be done after 4–6 months.
In each case, the dentist makes a decision individually. The next teeth whitening procedure is carried out only after confirmation of the complete restoration of the enamel and the absence of any contraindications.
According to the recommendations of dentists, the result of teeth whitening is enough for 8-12 months, which implies that there is no need for more frequent visits to a specialist. If you follow all the advice of a specialist, the whitening effect can last more than 1 year.
To keep your smile white and beautiful, it is recommended:
- on the first day, do not drink coffee and strong tea;
- exclude the ingestion of foods containing dyes;
- quit smoking;
- carefully observe oral hygiene;
- regularly do professional teeth cleaning.
It is important to understand that a perfect effect can only be achieved if the teeth are healthy and cared for. With a natural tetracycline shade, addiction to smoking and taking colored drinks, the result will certainly not be long-lasting, since the tooth enamel weakened after bleaching has increased permeability, and it will easily succumb to the negative effects of pigments.
A snow-white smile is not only the work of the dentist, but also the merit of the patient himself. With proper dental care, you don’t need to whiten your teeth often. If, nevertheless, there is a strong desire or indication for the procedure to be repeated, it is better to perform a professional teeth cleaning, use home bleaching or, after 5-6 months, go to the dentistry for photo-whitening of teeth.
Here at Brickell Dental Care we are proud to provide the modernes whitening equipment Zoom Philips. Get your white teeth in 45 minutes. If you are looking for affordable teeth whitening, simply call us at (407) 989-9999. Brickell Dental Care provides the best price for Zoom whitening. Check our dental prices online here.